More Than Cheer is in large part run by actual Ambassadors and Interns! You could be one of them! Even if you aren’t interested in Cheerleading there are lots of other programs, More Than Cheer owner, Brittany Rose, can place you in.
What is an Ambassador?
- The Ambassador program is designed for participants in grades 8-12. There main role is to facilitate communication between the communities, schools, and coaches. You will be placed on teams according to your location, goals, and interests. While the program is designed primarily for cheerleaders and dancers. It is not required that you be either.
- The Ambassador program offers you TONS of benefits:
- Modeling Training
- Performance Opportunities
- Job Opportunities
- Public Speaking Training
- Travel Opportunities
- Scholarship Opportunities
- College Recommendations
- Awards & Recognitions
- The know how you will need to be a successful member of any organization
- And MORE
More Than Cheer Mission:
- Creating New Lifestyle Options:The world is changing! More and more young people have the option to create a lifestyle of financial and time freedom by creating businesses. However, traditional education trains you to get a job not create a business. The Intern and Ambassador programs give you the opportunity to learn all the different tools and skills you will need to understand to be a successful employee or business owner.
- Empowerment: These programs are all about EMPOWERMENT. Our interns and ambassadors learn that they are capable of working together to achieve anything. So many young people limit themselves based on what the older generations say is or is not possible! This opportunity will teach you how to find and use resources you didn’t even know existed to make your dreams come to life.
- Changing Communities: More Than Cheer believes cheerleaders can change their communities! It may sound a little “we are the world” ish but when you think about it, it makes sense. In many schools cheerleaders set the tone for the student body. It is their job to create spirit within the school and because they are often in front of the student body its easy for others to see them as role models. Therefore, its important that we teach leadership and strong character skills to girls who show an early interest in the sport.
What kind of things will I be able to work on?
- The programs goal is to keep each participant most involved in the things they are most interested in. During the interview process you will have an opportunity to express your goals and choose the teams you are most interested in working on.
What kind of time commitment will this be?
- Everyone chooses how much time they can commit to the team. However, average amount of time needed to be able to be an asset to the team is 2 hours. You will get out of this program what you put in. There will be lots of self-learning opportunities and those who take them will be the most prepared to pursue their goals and the most likely to be invited back for future opportunities.
How do Ambassadors work within More Than Cheer?
- Everything is centered around teamwork. You will be placed on teams according to you location/school and your interest. Teams will be given weekly tasks and objectives, create an action plan, and then work towards its completion. Many projects will involve multiple teams so team leaders will have to work together closely to coordinate. As you demonstrate you commitment to the program you will have the opportunity to become a team leader and/or work on more exclusive projects.
What kinds of teams are there?
- Media- This team is in charge of external communications: blogging, writing articles, social media initiatives, and PR
- Online Magazine
- Marketing- This team creates the action plan to help market More Than Cheer programs and events
- Event Planning- This team will work closely with other teams to create and plan events at their local level, as well as plan events for the national program.
- Graphic & Website Designers
- App Designers
- Retail- designs and selects More Than Cheer retail material. Fashion designers who sponsor outfits for professional speaking events will also be apart of this team
- Philanthropic- Giving back is a core value for MTC. This team will be responsible for creating volunteer opportunities that allow MTC participants to give back.
- Admin- Anyone who wants to own their own business one day needs to be on this team! This team will coordinate all the back end functions of the company and have the most training on the tools More Than Cheer uses to run its operations.
- Expansion Planning
- Performance- Each MTC location will have an Ambassador Team and Performance Team associated with it. These teams are in charge of handling local tasks, including communications with their communities and organizing social events
What should I do if there isn’t a team listed for what I would like to do?
- Submit an application and describe the type of team you would like to create.
What makes More Than Cheer different?
- Education you dont find in school: We create and teach about young entrepreneurship/business, financial literacy, leadership, and more.
- Unique: How many other internships have you found where you can work virtually or locally, gain a team of other Go Getters just like you, and learn from someone your age on how to create a business from the ground up?
- All-Around-Support: We are one of the few companies that support young people who want to create jobs not just young people who want jobs! We have webinars, videos, online classes, live events, podcasts, and mentoring..
- Exclusive: We maintain high standards for the team members we accept into our programs to make sure that they are just as committed to the program as we are. Team members are expected to work hard and keep their commitments in order to continue to remain on the More Than Cheer Team.
We take applications year-round. We are looking for motivated, interested and fun team members. Email us at Contact@MoreThanCheer.com to be put on the waiting list for future opportunities.
Why Our Ambassador Program Rocks
We are an extremely forward thinking company founded by Brittany Rose because she knew the amazing opportunities that being an entrepreneur would afford her. Our team members gain amazing experience by participating in our programs. We teach cutting-edge practices for working and learning in a digital environment and offer great experience and best-practices for working in a digital office, which is the future!
- Youth unemployment has reached an all time high! We aim to change this statistic by giving team members valuable “work” experience that will help them build their resume. We will also encourage them in starting their own business rather than relying on someone else to offer them a job.
- Resume Building: We know that getting into college is becoming more and more competitive. We strive to give our Ambassadors a strategic advantage to their resume by becoming a team member. For those who are not interested in gaining a collegiate degree, we seek to inspire our team members to start their own businesses.
- Letters of Recommendations and Referrals: Brittany often writes or give recommendations for interns for other jobs, college applications, scholarships, and programs.
- Portfolio Building: If your looking for a job its always better to be able to SHOW what your capable of doing and what you have previously created
- Must be ages 12-18
- Must be willing to work virtually for at least 2 hours per week
- Must be responsible and willing to learn
- We would love someone with a lot of energy, who is forward thinking, wants to express their opinions, and to help others.
- Must be willing to learn how to work virtually using Google docs, email, dropbox, and other tools
- Must be willing to give creative input. I don’t want robots!
- Must be willing to collaborate and follow through with the teams plan.
How to Apply:
- Send an email to Contact@MoreThanCheer.com with the subject “Internship” or simply fill out this form
- If you are sending an email, please include:
Reason why you are applying: (200-500 words)
Rank your team selection